You are here
- Home >
- Gregory G. Knapik
Gregory G. Knapik, M.S.
- Biodynamics Lab Research Coord, Integrated Systems Engineering
1971 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
Greg is the Director of Computational Modeling at the Spine Research Institute. His research focuses on advanced dynamic biomechanical model development and simulation, and applied ergonomic and biomechanical studies. Greg specializes in human data acquisition, multi-body dynamic simulations, biomedical imaging based model development, finite element modeling, and advanced numerical methods. He received his B.S. and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering at The Ohio State University, and has been a research engineer at the Spine Research Institute since 2005.
- Le,Peter; Rose,Joseph; Knapik,Gregory; Marras,William,S, 2014, "Objective classification of vehicle seat discomfort.." Ergonomics 57, no. 4, 536 - 544.
- Dufour,Jonathan,S; Marras,William,S; Knapik,Gregory,G, 2013, "An EMG-assisted model calibration technique that does not require MVCs." JOURNAL OF ELECTROMYOGRAPHY AND KINESIOLOGY 23, no. 3, 608 - 613.
- Howell,Kent,J; McGlumphy,Edwin,A; Drago,Carl; Knapik,Gregory, 2013, "Comparison of the Accuracy of Biomet 3i Encode Robocast Technology and Conventional Implant Impression Techniques." INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL IMPLANTS 28, no. 1, 228 - 240.
- Ferguson,Sue,A; Marras,William,S; Allread,W,Gary; Knapik,Gregory,G; Splittstoesser,Riley,E, 2012, "Musculoskeletal disorder risk during automotive assembly: current vs. seated." APPLIED ERGONOMICS 43, no. 4, 671 - 678.
- Knapik,Gregory,G; Mendel,Ehud; Marras,William,S, 2012, "Use of a personalized hybrid biomechanical model to assess change in lumbar spine function with a TDR compared to an intact spine.." European spine journal 21, S641 - 52.
- Ferguson,Sue,A; Marras,Williams,S; Allread,W,Gary; Knapik,Gregory,G; Vandlen,Kimberly,A; Splittstoesser,Riley,E; Yang,Gang, 2011, "Musculoskeletal disorder risk as a function of vehicle rotation angle during assembly tasks." APPLIED ERGONOMICS 42, no. 5, 699 - 709.
- Knapik,Gregory,G; Marras,William,S, 2009, "Spine loading at different lumbar levels during pushing and pulling." ERGONOMICS 52, no. 1, 60 - 70.
- Marras,William,S; Knapik,Gregory,G; Ferguson,Sue, 2009, "Loading along the lumbar spine as influence by speed, control, load magnitude, and handle height during pushing." CLINICAL BIOMECHANICS 24, no. 2, 155 - 163.
- Marras,W,S; Knapik,G,G; Ferguson,S, 2009, "Lumbar spine forces during manoeuvring of ceiling-based and floor-based patient transfer devices." ERGONOMICS 52, no. 3, 384 - 397.
- Theado,E,W; Knapik,G,G; Marras,W,S, 2007, "Modification of an EMG-assisted biomechanical model for pushing and pulling." INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL ERGONOMICS 37, no. 11-12, 825 - 831.
- Splittstoesser,Riley,E; Yang,Gang; Knapik,Greg,G; Trippany,David,R; Hoyle,Jeff,A; Lahoti,Parul; Korkmaz,Sahika,Vatan; Sommerich,Carolyn,M; Lavender,Steven,A; Marras,William,S, 2007, "Spinal loading during manual materials handling in a kneeling posture." JOURNAL OF ELECTROMYOGRAPHY AND KINESIOLOGY 17, no. 1, 25 - 34.
- Korkmaz,S,V; Hoyle,J,A; Knapik,G,G; Splittstoesser,R,E; Yang,G; Trippany,D,R; Lahoti,P; Sommerich,C,M; Lavender,S,A; Marras,W,S, 2006, "Baggage handling in an airplane cargo hold: An ergonomic intervention study." INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL ERGONOMICS 36, no. 4, 301 - 312.